Saturday, July 2, 2011

POWER-LESS IN MESA!

The transformer that feeds us (and the whole East Valley) electricity blew up Thursday. Exploded. Caught fire. Billowed black smoke. Even the cell towers were out. The power was off here for about seven hours. I think it was around 110 F. Our house stayed okay inside. And the fridge was fine, but it made us realize how dependent we are on electricity for everything. I want solar panels and batteries! So I'm way behind on posting.

Please forgive me! I'll catch up after the 4th of July. Have a happy holiday everyone.

Here's something cool, though, I wanted to share with you. I'm one of the featured authors on LDSTORYMAKERS' website this week. Scroll down the bottom of the page, and there I am smiling beside CAYMAN SUMMER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment